Monday, July 14, 2014

Negative Isn't Always Negative

Growth is hard. We all know this, but what we all don't do is own it. Some of us just ride the tide, going through the ups and downs of life, and we hope...we pray...to land safely on both feet, with minor scratches. But sometimes that ride can break you.

I'm breaking.

This is not necessarily a negative thing...this is about self realization. I have been making minor changes in my life for the past few years and some have worked, and some I have failed at miserably. And it is these failures that shine brighter than the achievements because you see, I want to be a better person. I actually fight to be a better person every day. You might not see it. But I do.

The first step to becoming a better person is to recognize your faults. Write them down. Read them out loud. Acknowledge that these characteristics are the ones holding you back. It's important to be honest in this. A lot of the time we make excuses for our bad habits because they aren't "that bad". But this is bad.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?

Now some ppl will say to focus on your good attributes but that's silly to me...because focusing on my good qualities will not make the bad ones go away. I really dislike that concept of just trying to be happy 24/7 because life isn't happy all the time.

Life is complex.
Life is love.
Life is pain.
Life is winning and sometimes losing.
Life can be an incredible high or the lowest of lows.
Life is amazing. Life is beautiful.

And if it wasn't for the pain, how would I know how great life can be? So I chose to focus on those bad aspects of me that I want to change...and while it's simple enough. I don't know how to change them.

How do you become a better person?

This is just a random musing. I don't know what's going on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment