Sunday, November 25, 2012

This Last Month...

I said I'd change my blog...then I stopped blogging.
Ironic.
Let me let these words flow...

I'm somewhat overwhelmed by the day to day events in our lives...in my life.
Torn between what I want to do and what needs to be done,
Torn between the life I want to lead and the one that's before me,
And torn between you...and me...and us.
See you can't help who you fall in love with
And try as I might, I couldn't help falling for you. And dreaming of us.

When I met him I wasn't looking for anyone...
I was upset, angry, and resistant...but the moment I saw him I was in love.
This man was perfectly imperfect. My twin flame.
This man, he was my love before and each life I ever lived, he was in it.
Now he was with me again. I can't let that go.

From the beginning we were in sync.
Nothing was forced
Nothing was fake
Nothing was wrong
So how could he expect me NOT to fall for this...

To be continued...

I've been writing. Poems. Short Stories. Long Stories.
I've been working and taking a class.
I've been trying to figure out how to be a better friend.
This untitled piece (peace) is a collection of random thoughts. But it's a love story, a girl in love with life and a man. It's an epic poem like The Odyssey. I've been praying and meditating on the path I should be taking next...whether I should go back to school and pursue this PhD or really take the time to finish these stories in my head and see whether or not these words can touch people a bit more than my research. Both are important to me.

Anyway...I hope everyone had a good holiday. I hope everyone is pursuing their dreams.

1 comment: