Friday, May 27, 2011

Update: Vision Board

Okay last year in August, I posted a video about my Vision Board (see it here: Vision Board Post). People have been asking me updates and initially I was going to do a VLOG but I can't get it together so I'll just do a real quick break down of how things have been going! I hope this helps someone....

  • Inner Self: This is an ongoing process. I made a commitment to become more honest, put myself first but at the same time let more people into my life. I am still VERY weary of who I let into my inner circle. Unfortunately this has caused quite a few issues this past week or so, and I can't explain to anyone how I feel about things, so either you get it or you don't. But I have to look out for me, and I can't get any more honest than that.
  • Money: Again another on going process. I paid off a lot of debt in the past year. I also moved in the past year (from Baltimore to Brooklyn). Moving costs a lot of money! But this move was good because I got a better job and I make more money now, so I can save more. My credit report is still a work in process, but I have increased it by 100 points in the past year. How about that? Shout out to myfico.com and Credit Karma. I paid off half of my state debt. Shout out to MD.
  • School: Right now I am looking into schools for the fall of 2012. I have identified one that I really love. I took my GRE and I have identified topics that I want to use for my dissertation. Now the applying process begins. 
  • Outer-Self: If vitamin water counts as water, then I drink water all day everyday. I still take a multi-vitamin. I eat better, I don't exercise as much as I should (or at all....) but I have gotten into meditation and that's awesome.
  • Relationships: The build is so serious. I have been connecting with a lot of great people lately and I am hoping to form better alliances/connections/etc with others. 
  • Generalities: Again I moved so it's like...things changed. I did get a new place (of course). No car, I don't need one in NY. No passport still...Finish book? Almost done. ALMOST. But I did look into publishing it as an e-book. I have my reasons for this, and I think that if I can make that happen it will open the doors for other things. So hopefully by the end of the summer. And New Year's Eve in NYC happened.
So overall,  I think the vision board was a great motivation tool even if I didn't fully complete everything. As the days, weeks, months go by, things change so I had to make adjustments to my life and to my vision for my future. I have currently making a new vision board, which will be a little more streamlined with the traditional view of a vision board and will  include my hopes/goals for the rest of 2011 into 2012.

P.S. I love looking at other's visions boards...so let me know (here or on twitter) where I can view yours! We can work together.

P.P.S. Do better...is the movement.

2 comments:

  1. I need to create a vision board STAT! Thank you for sharing. Was the move influenced by the vision board?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually it was...I wanted to move forward with my career and expand my opportunities. I realized that I wasn't going to be able to achieve that in Baltimore. I need a break, and a new scenery. The opportunity to move presented itself and I took it. I am quite pleased with my choice. While everything is not perfect, I'm in a better place now.

    ReplyDelete