Thursday, November 11, 2010

Never Stop, Never Giving Up...

Earlier this week I tweeted "Seriously, living is the hardest thing I've ever had to do". This was met with various replies, inboxes, and text messages. Apparently this statement is very depressing. Subsequent to this statement, I talked to a few friends and I repeated this statement to one in particular.

He says "What is hard about life?"

I say "Everything. Life is not easy." Because to me it's not. It never has been. I never woke up and thought "Wow, life is so easy and grand! This is so awesome." He proceeds to make some type of analogy to a single cell germ and I can't.com but somehow the friction that is our converstation leaves me fulfilled enough to know that while we don't see eye to eye, we can somehow inspire each other.

Most of the time I wake up feeling the struggle. Life is a struggle. I have said this forever. Or maybe I should say this: My life is a struggle. I am not trying to make it harder than it is...I just have accepted the fact that if I want to win, I do have to "Go Hard or Go Home" all the time. I pride myself in going through what I've been through and still being alive. A weaker person would have killed theirselves by now.

Despite my somewhat bleek outlook on life...I love it more than anything. It's a blessing to wake up. I love my family. I love my friends. I love my life. I worked hard for what I have. And I will continue to work hard. I am a realist. My life is not a fairy tale...and I dont' know the ending.

suffice to say...all I can do is continue to pray for the best and work my ass off until my destiny is fulfilled.

Author's Note: Yeah this is a love song. But it's a feel good song. When I feel down, this is what I play.

3 comments:

  1. Peace,

    Stay black and stay beautiful...and above all, REMAIN. That's all anyone can do is remain. You have my support.

    Peace,

    Wise

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally interpreted that tweet different. I thought "Seriously living is the hardest thing..." Not reading the comma. And after reading this blog, all I can say is, I can relate. I mean, you sort of know my situation, which makes my life not easy as well. But, especially in light of the struggles. Maybe "seriously living" is what we should do less and stop taking life so serious.

    I can't tell you what to do, all I can say is, it helped me once I stopped taking it that serious. Yes I still work hard and do my best to get where I wanna be. But putting less pressure on myself by taking some of the seriousness off, makes living a lot easier. Even when it's never easy. ;)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Despite my somewhat bleek outlook on life...I love it more than anything. It's a blessing to wake up."

    I love how you included this portion here. We all know how it feels to be in this "place" but simply knowing that even to feel pain...is a blessing because we could be on the other side of eternity is enough to give you just a little bit more strength! I know first hand that thinking that way is not easy but sometimes it all you have. Hang in there Sis....Stay encouraged and know that ALL things work together for the good for all who LOVE Him.

    ReplyDelete