Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Social Sites:This is for the Stalker In You...

Let me tell you something. I love twitter. I mean I LOVE TWITTER!  Out of all the social networks out there, twitter by far is my favorite, because it's like a gchat conversation with the whole world. Or an ongoing forum board. If you dislike twitter it's because of the following:
  1. You have loser friends who don't tweet cool shit.
  2. You follow 500 people and only have 5 followers.
  3. You are over the age of 40.
  4. You are a drug dealer or other type of street criminal.
  5. You dislike all social networks.
Recently I fell in love with Foursquare.  I truly feel like I am the person the developers of Foursquare had in mind when they made this application. There is something gratifying about checking in at random places to get imaginary badges that I can only see from my phone or foursquare page. I like being number one on the points list...but only the honest way. I hate it when people check in every 5 minutes. It's like "Damn this is just a game." I like Foursquare so much, I have came up with new badges in my mind AND a great idea for a contests that would require users to actually become patrons of certain establishments in order to win and progress in the game. The grand prize...well I won't say because you bastards won't steal my ideas! That's how much I love Foursquare.

The drawback? STALKERS! Now I have to admit, I have quite a few "stalkers" on twitter. For some reason at least once a week someone is telling me something that someone told them I tweeted yesterday, or last week or better yet...two months ago. *side eye* Where they do that at? There is also one person who replies to every tweet I make. My roommate thinks he's slow...so he gets a pass. If you are reading this...and you aren't slow, I'm sorry. Foursquare allows my stalkers to know where I am at any given moment if I decide to "check in". I feel a certain way about this so I never check in near where I live, and I always check in when I am leaving places. Unless it's a venue for a concert. Then I check in at that moment because I am 90% confident that I am safe in a room with 200 other people.

Then again...we did see Scream 2 or 3...which ever one had Jada Pinkett getting stabbed up in front of a movie theater full of people. I hope I don't get stabbed up in a room full of people because my ass is checking in at "BB Kings w/50 other people" just so I can unlock the swarm badge.

Follow me on twitter bitches: www.twitter.com/lovelyone80

2 comments:

  1. The woman I live with is addicting to foursquare. I hate it. I was on twitter last night, she was on foursquare, and all of a sudden i see a tweet that says, "I am at.." with our full address for all to see..

    She deleted the accidental tweet, but the damage is done..someone will stalk me now and cut me up Saw style

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO.

    Peace, Love and Chocolate
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete