Sunday, August 1, 2010

Hey Life...What's Good?!?

I changed my blog title. I had to for several reasons:
  • I wanted to .com and I couldn't get www.thebeautifulstruggle.com 
  • Sistertoldja has a blog called "The Beautiful Struggler" and I felt a certain way. Not a negative way...more like a "i don't want to be accused of biting in any way" despite the fact that I made my blog before I knew who she was. But I met her in BK a few weeks ago and she was super nice. And beautiful.
  • I just felt like a change. Plus this is my jam. 
Anywho...so the blog name has changed. The blog layout will change when I find someone who can do what I want. I haven't been looking so I confined to using the templates on here until I do. I don't mind paying for a dope layout but I need to get it together in my mind first.

For those who have asked, I don't know the status of "Generally Speaking" right now. As many of you know, Smif N Wessun is currently in the studio with Pete Rock working on their album for the fall. Also they are some traveling brothers. That feature was never meant to be permanent though. And the General can't even keep up his own blog. Either way, it was dope! And I love him for that.

My vision board is done...and I keep meaning to post it but I am so busy working on those goals. I actually made a video about it...but I need to check it out before I post it. That might take me some time.

And finally I am about to start studying for the GRE since I am planning on taking it in September. I am not worried though. The math should be a breeze, I am a beast in math. The essay is nothing either. I murder written essays. The verbal part...hmmm...but I am not worried one bit. I am becoming a black girl with a Dr PhD.

The summer has been awesome...shout out to my college besties:

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear good things a gwaan! Much luck and success to you sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you're moving forward and going back for your Phd - much success and big up love!

    ReplyDelete