Thursday, February 11, 2010

Why I use to love Ashanti...

Ashanti first came on the scene in 2001 or so. I clearly remember when her album dropped. My girls and I had went to Miami for the first year of Bet's Spring Bling (don't judge me...) and I was a senior in college. Matter of fact, we took a mini van to Miami. We rolled deep. At first I was hating Ashanti hard ("that chick can't sing for shit..." and "her album is only $7 at Target so it CAN'T be good") but then we managed to get several "promotional copies" of Ashanti's album. The day we left Miami my homegirl Bubbles popped the album in and we listened from start to finish.

That joint was fire. I don't care what no one says. Ashanti can write a song and whatever it is she does, she does well. I was not a big fan of "Foolish" at first...but when this joint came on...I was like "run that joint back B..."

So Ashanti...I salute you. Your first two albums were dope to me.

1 comment:

  1. I was a fan of Ashanti back in the day. It’s weird to say ‘back in the day’ it makes me feel old..lol. But yea, I liked the fact she wrote her songs. No, they weren’t deep, thought provoking music. But it was feel good R&B. My favs were Baby and Thank You.

    ReplyDelete