Saturday, February 13, 2010

"We Are the World" version 2.0

Last night, "We Are the World" premiered and what can I say?
I actually watched the video/listened to the song about 5 times or so. The first time I heard it I was like WTF is going on here? I don't know where to begin...let me just list the atrocities:

1. Justin Beiber opens the song. (he can sing but really...)
2. Miley Cyrus literally YELLS the first part of the second verse
3. Jamie Foxx decided that since Ray Charles couldn't physically be there, he would go ahead and sing for him.
4. Janet Jackson. Did she even sing or was she just lip-synching her brothers part...and why did she have her own totally separate scene? Was she even there?
5. The rap break down
6. The auto toning
7. Wyclef changing "Haiti" with a silent H at the end
8. Tony Bennett doesn't even TRY to sing...I know he's a legend but dude literally just read his words off the page like he was doing a screen test)

The list could go on and on and on...but I digress. There was some shining moments in the song:

1. Pink...I liked her little part
2. Jennifer Hudson can sing!
3. Adam Levine...just because I really like Maroon 5.
4. Wyclef's Haitian singing on the first chorus.

That list doesn't go on.
Honestly it wasn't horrible. It was just like a shock. As soon as the rap came on, I had to run it back like "who the fuck..." and despite what I and several others think, that song will be #1 on Itunes if it's not already.
In case you missed it...



Text YELE to 501501 to donate $5
Text HAITI to 501501 to donate $10

www.yele.org

2 comments:

  1. yeah yo..that joint is terrible! it was too many feels going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually thought I was going to hate it. I was moved by the song. I was confused by Janet too though Steph lol!

    ReplyDelete