Saturday, January 23, 2010

Essence Will You Marry Me Contest (part 2...)

Disclaimer: "I have been hired by Warner Bros WB Word division to raise awareness for Essence's Will You Marry Me? contest."

 I have to include that disclaimer when I blog but don't get it twisted...I am so into this contests right now mainly because ya'll know I want to get married...and in Maui! WHAT!! Please let my boyfriend one day be this sweet and enter this contest so we can win a trip somewhere! 

Right now I am feeling Irwin and Dewain!! 

There story: Irvin Williams, 38, lives in Boise, ID, while his fiancee Dewain, 40, lives in New Orleans. Both are native to New Orleans. She is Dean of Student Affairs at Dillard and when they met, he was Director of Food/Beverage of a banquet hall. She was a client, using his space for an event. He donated champagne in exchange for a date. The relationship is now long distance; he was laid off and moved to Idaho for another position as Director of Concessions. The couple has been together for two years. Before proposing, like a gentleman, he consulted her friends.

And Derwin's proposal? I loved it...so emotional, so full of love. In his proposal he mentions how she stuck by him he lost his job. I was so impressed. And asking her friends first? LOVE IT.

Anywho...go to the site and read more about them here: http://www1.essence.com/packages/willyoumarryme/meetthecouples/IrvinandDewain/index.html

There are three other couples too that you can read on and vote for if you like them better. But I think after reading the stories, you will agree with me on Irvin and Dewain.

No comments:

Post a Comment