Monday, December 14, 2009

"Life is a Beautiful Struggle"

I randomly look at my blog tracker to see what brings people to  my site. I don't pay too much attention to the places people come from unless they are in other countries...My #1 topic is "hip hop movies" (I am #5 if you google this topic). But today as I was looking I saw that someone googled "What does life is a beautiful struggle mean?" and this struck a cord with me.

I have never truly thought about what that means. I KNOW what it means inherently...that is why I named my blog what I did. But to try to explain to someone else...that's hard. I just know the first time I heard it I was like "Yes!" and held that phrase close to  my heart. It wasn't just that name of Kweli's cd, it was my life. And I will admit, this is my favorite Kweli cd because it came out at a time when I was beyond hopeless and fed up with life. I was at the point where I couldn't see my life lasting longer than the moment I was living in. I wasn't suicidal, I didn't want to die...but I wasn't living and couldn't see myself living anymore. However, I met some great people who helped me a lot (tho they don't know it...they helped me reclaim my sanity by just being).

"Life is a Beautiful Struggle"....life is not easy. I don't know anyone who has ever said life was easy. That they never had any problems. I am sure there are people who have that type of life...but not anyone I know. A struggle is defined as "opposing force or an adversary" and to put it quite frankly. The purpose of life is to live...but the end result will always be death. Death is inevitable, however we love life. Life is great. We love living. We find enjoyment in the things we do from day to day despite the fact that we KNOW one day this will all end.

Personally my life has been hard. Very hard. I could tell stories or tales dating back to me being a baby to recently but I realize that focusing on those hardships will not help me move ahead. Despite the bad times, I wouldn't give up my life for anything (well maybe one thing...but that was another hardship that added to who I am today and why I do what I do). Essentially the phrase is simplistic.

Life is beautiful.
Life is a struggle.
Life is a beautiful struggle.

And this is my favorite song on the cd: Beautiful Struggle ("the trouble you have today you just can't laugh away")

5 comments:

  1. i definetely agree with u. a wise man onced said, a warrior is a men who can defeats his lust to obey god's will.
    i added u in my link list, would u add me too ?. thanx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for checking it out! I will add you to my bloglist too! and I will follow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your persevering spirit has made you what you are. Very well put Steph!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats true bcoz where ther is a no struggle there isno life

    ReplyDelete