Monday, December 28, 2009

Do Better 2010

2009 is almost over. I can't believe it.
Next month I will be turning 30 years old. I am excited and scared at the same time. I will no longer be a "young" adult. I will just be an adult.

Reflecting back on 2009, I am amazed at how I survived such an emotional roller coaster. It started good, went down, up, down, up, down, and it's ending on a somewhat higher point. I have a great job and I accomplished several goals. I was able to pay down some debt (not as much as I hoped but I was unemployed, what can you do), I visited my friends in NYC, and I got to know me a little more. Last year this time my plan was to buy a house in Jan 2010...and unfortunately that will not happen. But it's okay. I am not pressed.

Right now I am looking forward to 2010. I want to make more advancements not only in  my career but in my personal live both socially and financially. I will not make "resolutions" because those are hard to keep. I am just setting more goals for myself with the promise that I will follow through with all of them. (side note: if you are a Capricorn such as myslef, the next year is very pivotal to our development and growth. it will be as beneficial as we make it and I plan to make it big).

So the goals for 2010 are as follows:
  • Continue paying down debt (let's get a fico of 700 by the end of Dec 2010)
  • Increase my savings 
  • Travel Internationally (Canada, Mexico, and any of the Caribbean count)
  • Go visit my NYC friends TWICE
  • Attend all of my friends weddings (I count about 3 that I need to attend)
  • Get my passport (okay okay...but i took the picture and filled out the application. I just have to go the post office and finish it so this is the easy one...)
  • Work out (I am about to be super sexy come June 2010 real talk...)
I purposely selected "positive" goals. I know I said this before but people tend to accomplish positive goals rather than negative ones.

Also...I finished my grant and the application. All that is left is to complete the recommendation and mail it. Inshallah I will get this money and achieve yet another (unspoken) goal of mine. I am proud of myself.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go girl! You will succeed, as will I. I believe in you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. all about de postive affirmations steph-done deal...remember takes 14-21 days to change/learn a habit/routine-peace!

    ReplyDelete