Friday, August 28, 2009

New Product Blog: Burt Bees Natural Acne Products


Recently I was given the opportunity via BzzAgent to try out Burt Bees Natural Acne Products. It's a 4 step treatment that consists of a cleanser, scrub, moisturizing lotion, and spot treatment. I received the gel cleanser and the spot treatment. The products contain willow bark, the ingredient that salicylic acid is derived from.

Okay first off, the gel cleanser is 99.5% natural. And it reminds me of lemon joy but thinner. To get a good lather you have to basically lather it in your hands, then put it on your face. And I find that I use more of it than I wish. But that is how Burt bees products are. They do not contain sulfates which is the ingredient that causes that great lather a lot of people love. However, I will admit that my face feels super clean when I am done and it's not drying at all. After using acne treatments my face usually feels very tight, not true with this. The gel cleanser only has 1 % salicylic acid, so for people with mild acne or sensitive skin, this is perfect! I really like this cleanser and the citric smell wakes me up in the morning.

The spot treatment I only used twice and both times, I woke up to a clear face. It's a liquid, so I had to be careful not to spill it. The treatment is 100% natural and has a .75% concentration of salicylic acid. Just a little dab on your break out and its' gone.

So overall I'd rate this product a 4 out of 5. I love the fact that it doesn't dry out my skin and I like having a clear face. I haven't had any break outs since I started using it. The only draw back is the liquidness of the cleanser. I wish it was a bit thicker. If you want to join BzzAgent, please click on the banner below! You will see my profile and you can sign up.


BzzAgent Badge

5 comments:

  1. just joined that buzz agent thing. now you gotta put me up on game. lol. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Acne is the condition that can not be cured completely but this can be controlled by doing exercise, avoiding fatty foods. Drink as much water as you can.Wash your face twice a day to get smooth and clean skin.
    Acne Cures

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm !! as u described i think these products are beneficial .

    ReplyDelete
  4. We can also use home remedies like garlic, ginger , tomato to cure acne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to see read that you have some knowledge about Natural Acne Treatment cure.Natural Acne Treatment helps you how to protect your skin and how to achieve a beautiful, smooth and healthy skin in a natural acne treatment method.

    ReplyDelete