Thursday, August 6, 2009

Make some extra money using the internet...

This is NOT a get rich quick blog. This is a "get money for lunch, gas, and a few extras" Blog. The amount of money I make varies on based on ME, nothing else. I can choose to do more or do less each month. Below is a link on the past few months. There are two columns, cash and gift cards. If the gift cards are Mastercard or Visa card, they are included in the "Cash" section. I won't lie, I have been slacking so hard this summer. I usually do twice what you see in the spreadsheet.

Monthly Totals

Here are my top 5 ways to make extra cash:

*sidenote: before starting, I'd suggest you make a separate email account. this way you can log on and just go through everything easier and you don't have to worry about spam*

1. Secret Shopping: Secret shopping is fun because you get to go to your favorite stores and restaurants and get free items or dinner just for reviewing their service. There are A LOT of secret shopping companies around, and you should NOT pay to join a secret shopper database. My favorite "beginner" site is Shopper's Critique. This site allows you to sign up for the jobs you would like to do. When you first join, you can only sign up for one job at a time. But once you are established, you can sign up for as many as you want.

2. Surfing and Shopping on the Internet:
This is the easiest yet slowest way to earn money. Actually at Christmas, if you do all your shopping on line, it works out well. The main sites I use are Swagbucks and MyPoints. With Swagbucks, you collect "points" to redeem for prizes by using their search engine or finding swag codes and entering them online. Mypoints sends out random emails and surveys that give you points. If you shop online, you can go to mypoints, click on the merchant and earn points for spending money. Swagbucks takes a long time. I haven't redeemed for anything yet. Mypoints is as good as you make it. I have redeemed for over 5 Subway gift cards this year. I am saving my points right now to get a $50 gift card. I should be there in a month.

3. Surveys: Surveys are the most lucrative way to get extra money. If you find the right site for your demographics, you can get a lot of money, gift cards, and free products to test. When I say "a lot" I mean $100 a month if you are good. But if you are at home, posting on OKP or twitter anyway, it's nothing to open up another window and start doing surveys. I get a fair amount of products to test out, which can vary from food products to cleaning supplies to clothing items. Below I have listed my favorite sites (with links where applicable). There are some sites that require special invites or referrals. If you follow me on twitter, during open enrollments, I twit about them and send invites to those who want them.

a. Lightspeed Panel: Closed to new people. Will alert when they re-open
b. Pinecone: You have to find a banner, however, I get email referrals sometimes. I will alert to those.
c. Esearch: http://www.esearch.com/ (pays paypal)
d. MySurvey: https://www.mysurvey.com (if you want me to refer you then let me know and I will, or you can join on your own...no pressure)
e. E-Rewards: http://www.e-rewards.com/home.do (gift cards and discounts on items)
f. Surveyspot: http://www.surveyspot.com/
g. Greenfield Online: www.greenfieldonline.com/ (pays paypal or check I think)

4. ChaCha: Note: you can only join ChaCha when employment is open. This is considered a self employment job. You have to pay taxes on the money you make with them. Basically people send text messages to ChaCha and you answer the questions. I have been doing this over a year. Now, I did NOT include my ChaCha money on the spreadsheet because this is "income" and not "free money". On average, I make $400 a month on ChaCha. This is enough to pay for small bills depending on your situation. Again, if you follow me on twitter, I ALWAYS alert people to when they can join. I have had quite a few people sign up and give up. This is easy work but it's boring. However, if you are at home, chilling...I say open this up in firefox and do it while you b.s.-ing on twitter. There is another site like this, KGB, but I don't work for them. I do believe they are hiring tho...but I am not promoting them.

5. Slick Deals: I LOVE this site!! It's has everything. I am directing you to the forums where you will find Hot Deals ($500 cameras for $100), Free Stuff (samples most of the time plus links to other online surveys that pay. and free magazines), Coupons, Contests and Sweeps, etc. There is a wealth of information on this site and I love it! Every day I go through the freebie section and see if I qualify for any surveys or free items (I am doing a blog for $200 this week). Then I do my contests. I win a lot of stuff, you guys already know. But there is so much on this site, I can't even begin to express how beneficial it is. Join that site, and you will be not be disappointed.


EDIT: I am adding a 6th option.

6. MyLikes: (link is clickable) I just recently started using MyLikes and I like it a lot! LOL. Pun intended. Mylikes is for people who use twitter and facebook basically. You should have at least 300 followers and you have more followers then people you follow. This one is basic, you just tweet ads. You can change up the wording of the ad to make it more appealing and you get paid per click. Simple! They pay you every Friday via paypal. I already have gotten my first payment. I am definitely a fan.

Short and sweet.
This is basically what I do on a daily basis. Like I said before you will not get rich but you will make some extra money, get some free food, or save money on that HDTV that you want for your living room (carolina ware...I know you want one for football season)! My mom always said "half a loaf of bread is better than no loaf" and so I say to you "an extra $50 is better than $0 dollars". If you have any questions or concerns, you know how to find me.

4 comments:

  1. That secret shopper stuff WORKS. I have went out for people before.

    Lightspeed too. I will try the others!!

    I need to take my 'Final' for Cha Cha..Never did..smh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lightspeed is going to pay for my Wii. I am so close, less than $100 away. After I do this blog and get paid, I might just use that to pay for my Wii. Then i can start trying to win games for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stumbled upon the blog via your OKP sig. I signed up for Shopper's Critique based on your recommendation. I already do some surveys with Surveyspot from time to time. Will check out the others. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tips! I'll be sure to pass these on. Everyone can use extra cash!

    ReplyDelete