Monday, July 6, 2009

Underground Hip Hop: General Steele

General Steele is one half of one of the greatest, or should I say REALEST, underground hip hop groups, Smif N Wessun. I don't even have to tell you how I feel about Smif N Wessun. If you read my "Love of My Life" blog then you know I have been a fan since I was 14 years old. Ever since I saw "Wreckonize".

In any event, the General is doing his own thing and has a new cd called "Welcome to Bucktown." The cd dropped May 5, and I think it embodies the grittiness of underground hip hop mixed with Steele's classic flow and hard hitting beats that make you want to blast this in your whip on a hot summer day. That's the best I can explain it.

anyway, music video "WELCOME"



Links:
General Steele on Twitter
Bucktown USA

Oh yeah, you can live chat with General Steele and Buckshot (almost) every Friday from 12-2 (or whenever they decide to log on...) It's always interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment