Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Prayer List

I got the idea of a "prayer list" from an episode of "Run's House". I thought about it for a moment, but then dismissed the idea. Then, while talking to my boy, he mentions how people can cast spells by writing stuff done. Not so much evil, or witchcraft. But when you make a list, you put that out into the universe that this is what you want to happen.
So a few weeks ago I decided that in the next 14 months, I need my life to get right. I feel as though I am stuck in a rut and it's getting annoying now. I want MORE out of my life. So I said f*ck it, I am going for it. So I made a prayer list and told God all that I hoped for and wanted to achieve by the time I was 30.
Well, let me tell you....PRAYER LIST WORK. Ever since I wrote everything down, I have been focused. It actually motivated me to do better. So I focused and you know what, I am starting to check things off the list.
I got a new job on Friday. I was praying for this job for a while. I felt that I was perfect. Apparently they did too. They wanted me for the day they interviewed me but the state requires them to go through hoops. Since I already work for the state, they were only allowed to offer me 15% more than what I get now. I am happy for it because it actually puts me at the amount I was hoping to get. They want to give me more! But it's all good. I am not greedy. This was what I wanted and I got it.
So now I am a project coordinator for an afterschool intervention that focuses on health and self esteem of inner city African American girls. I am so excited. This is a great opportunity. It means I can buy my Coach bag now! LOL.
I also have been working at ChaCha too as a part time job. It's pretty cool and its all online. I get paid decent and it's money to go to eliminate my debt.
So again, I am sooo focused.
Life is good and getting better.

5 comments:

  1. So how exactly does this thing work? You just write down everything you want? How is it a prayer? I'm confused... =\ Maybe as a Muslim I just don't get it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl that's awesome! I should do the same! Keep me updated on your job, sounds kickass!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so TD, basically I wrote at the top "prayer list" and then I wrote for God to guide me to achieve my goals. I think listed everything I wanted to accomplish. Then I prayed on everything. I mean, this is not just a Christian thing. You, as a Muslim, can do this too. It's just writing down your prayers instead of just saying them. I think writing them down also motivates you MORE to do them, because there is such a sense of accomplishment when you check them off the list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i might need to try the prayer list. I usually just set goals in my head then convince myself its okay to fail. Did you post the list on a wall?

    p.s. Thanks for following.

    ReplyDelete