Monday, October 27, 2008

MCAT woes...

what to do...what to do?
So as many of my Myspace readers know, I took the MCAT in Sept. I studied hard for 2 months and then September came, I was sick...I slacked. So when I took the test, I was unprepared and add that to the fact that I don't know organic chemistry as well as I should and there you have. I almost walked out halfway (but damn I paid $210) and then I almost clicked the "don't score my test" option (again...$210). I had to know how I did. It might not have been as bad as I thought.
And to be honest, my score wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but it was NOT at my target. I could still apply to med schools with this score, but then I have to have a super high GPA (it's a 3.8 if they are only counting grad school!!!). My GPA doesn't suck. I average a 3.5. Thing is, it's not what I wanted. I won't be competitive as I wish. I don't think it will work. I need to be better than my goal. Ironically, the part I completely bullshitted on, I got the highest score.
In the writing category, I did the 5 sentence paragrah thing. You get an hour to complete that section. I was done in less than 30 minutes (that's TWO essays in 3o minutes) and my score was a "S". The highest is a "T" so that can put things in perspective to you.

So I am at a crossroad. Do I want to drop another $210 to re-take this test in January? I know I can do better. But I got to be honest, that shit was tough. It was hard...lol. But this is truly my dream. Why must life be so difficult. I was hoping to get at least my minimum score, so I wouldn't have to retake it. Even though I know lots of people retake the MCAT.
I don't know.

1 comment:

  1. You should retake it only if you have been preparing since your last MCAT and your current score is not competitive for the school of your choice.

    ReplyDelete